Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Image Upload Test

Image Upload Test 3 years 4 months ago #17699

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Just to tie up one last point, I saved a couple of the images an PNGs. I used a quality factor of 6 on a 9 point scale, compared to a quality of 80% for the JPGs. The resulting files were roughly 40% larger than the JPG images.

Image Upload Test 3 years 4 months ago #17700

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
Just one thing OK this phone has a 20 MP camera
My old one was 18
I didn't have and problems I'm saving at the same size there all around 680 x 500 or less.
And none are less. Then 160 KB but are between 160 and 220
They post find before and the pngs Ms paint makes or screenshots I take are very small bit wise but much bigger then any pictures I've posted so there's has to be some limits set that I'm getting that you are not

Image Upload Test 3 years 4 months ago #17701

• Jon Chandler
\\
\be80be wrote:
Just one thing OK this phone has a 20 MP camera
My old one was 18
I didn't have and problems I'm saving at the same size there all around 680 x 500 or less.
And none are less. Then 160 KB but are between 160 and 220
They post find before and the pngs Ms paint makes or screenshots I take are very small bit wise but much bigger then any pictures I've posted so there's has to be some limits set that I'm getting that you are not

File size is limited as I've shown. As far as I know, everybody has the same limits as I do and I have ZERO control over it. I have to reduce the size of pictures taken with my phone.

Or, you can believe it's a conspiracy against you. Maybe Graham doesn't like you because he is the only one who can do anything about it.

I'm sorry I have no way to change this.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jon Chandler.

Image Upload Test 3 years 4 months ago #17702

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
I don't believe its a conspiracy. I see what it is now even thou I'm making my pictures way under the size limit there still way over the memory limit
The pictures you posted here A Score at the Habitat For Humanity Store 800x310 and 14 kb
The picture I posted here digitaldiy.io/forum/projects-and-gadgets...-my-devices?start=12 are 571x501 and 160 kb
There still to hi quality to fit inside the limit. where as with my older camera i was down around 75 to 90 kb and the same size.

Image Upload Test 3 years 3 months ago #17712

Hey, updated the max image size to 2.5mb on the forum. Whatever the image 'file size' it will still resize the image if too wide / high.

Nice testing Jon, it was actually set to reject >150KB ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hop

Image Upload Test 3 years 3 months ago #17713

• Jon Chandler
Thanks Graham! I need to Skype with you but things have been hectic here.....
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds