Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules

Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules 3 years 11 months ago #17199

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
I looked at the whole thing last night and it dose use hardware spi but it using bit bang spi on chips that are not avr. But after much reading it may not be to hard to add the esp as chip like the Tessy chips just need to find the file that the ide using for the esp. I update my laptop to windows 10 and it did something with my esp files so I had to install them agin. I kind of like the nodemcu lua better then ardunio but I'm going to see if I can add the esp as a chip. There not much code needed if it bit bangs the spi like tessy two of them are bit bang spi

Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules 3 years 11 months ago #17200

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
be80be wrote:
I looked at the whole thing last night and it dose use hardware spi but it using bit bang spi on chips that are not avr. But after much reading it may not be to hard to add the esp as chip like the Tessy chips just need to find the file that the ide using for the esp. I update my laptop to windows 10 and it did something with my esp files so I had to install them agin. I kind of like the nodemcu lua better then ardunio but I'm going to see if I can add the esp as a chip. There not much code needed if it bit bangs the spi like tessy two of them are bit bang spi

Bit bang would be acceptable now until the community solves the hardware SPI issues based on lack of experimentation and lack of knowledge/documentation. In fact, I would be happy with the ESP8266 being treated like a Teensy if it would get my TLC5940 to work with it. Thank you sir for looking at it. I'll play with the library this weekend and see what I can come up with, unless you solved it by then. :)

Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules 3 years 11 months ago #17201

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
You basically need something like this but for the esp
#ifndef TLC_Teensy_xxU4_h
#define TLC_Teensy_xxU4_h

#if DATA_TRANSFER_MODE == TLC_BITBANG
#error "If you want bitbang mode, insert pin defs here"
#endif

// MOSI (Teensy pin 2) -> SIN (TLC pin 26)
#define TLC_MOSI_PIN	2
#define TLC_MOSI_PORT	PORTB
#define TLC_MOSI_DDR	DDRB

// SCK (Teensy pin 1) -> SCLK (TLC pin 25)
#define TLC_SCK_PIN	1
#define TLC_SCK_PORT	PORTB
#define TLC_SCK_DDR	DDRB

// SS (Teensy pin 0)
#define TLC_SS_PIN	0
#define TLC_SS_DDR	DDRB

// OC1A (Teensy pin 14) -> XLAT (TLC pin 24)
#define XLAT_PIN	5
#define XLAT_PORT	PORTB
#define XLAT_DDR	DDRB

// OC1B (Teensy pin 15) -> BLANK (TLC pin 23)
#define BLANK_PIN	6
#define BLANK_PORT	PORTB
#define BLANK_DDR	DDRB

// OC3A (Teensy pin 9) -> GSCLK (TLC pin 18)
#define GSCLK_PIN	6
#define GSCLK_PORT	PORTC
#define GSCLK_DDR	DDRC
#define TLC_TIMER3_GSCLK 1

#endif
this is hardware spi
The following user(s) said Thank You: hop

Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules 3 years 11 months ago #17203

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
I will be working on that library today and tomorrow. I need to understand the labels, and the individual platform .h files. Also, I do not have the Teensy mod installed because I feared it would mess up my current install that works with the ESP8266. This is an opportunity though to see how the Teensyarduino flavor changes things to include support for the teensy and the TLC5940. Only problem is, I read that Teensy support was already added to the latest version of the TLC library so...

Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules 3 years 11 months ago #17204

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
I've been playing with this thing all weekend and got a webserver running on it that let's you use pwm to dim a led or turn it on.
Cool stuff I played some with the Ardunio ide I don't like it as well as Lua and really don't see Lua being harder then using ardunio ide. After all you still got to write code in html to use it over the net and Lua let's you do both at the same time.

Everything ESP8266 and Related Modules 3 years 11 months ago #17206

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
be80be wrote:
I've been playing with this thing all weekend and got a webserver running on it that let's you use pwm to dim a led or turn it on.
Cool stuff I played some with the Ardunio ide I don't like it as well as Lua and really don't see Lua being harder then using ardunio ide. After all you still got to write code in html to use it over the net and Lua let's you do both at the same time.

I played with the LUA version of available firmware and it is intriguing. Seems to work great but the SPI hardware module is fairly undocumented. So right now, I'm working on sending commands via web and outputting those commands via UART (115200 baud) to my pro mini so I can control my light controller that way. So far, I have failed, but have a lot of reading and experimenting to do yet.

I absolutely LOVE how there are WS2812 and WS2802 (? or 2801) modules included in the LUA firmware, but not a TLC5940. Sigh. I work with the WS2812's though and this is a HUGE discovery as I want to control Halloween and Christmas decorations in the yard via a web or dedicated TCP connection. Even my super-sized Christmas Wreath project will benefit from this discovery. Now all I have to run to it is a power cable, and not an ethernet cable also. SWEET!!!!

RangerBob was working with the NeoPixel (assuming it is a WS2812 device) and the ESP8266. Bust in anytime Bob!!! :)
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds