Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Via Hack-A-Day: Eagle Boards with Customized Shapes

Re: Via Hack-A-Day: Eagle Boards with Customized Shapes 5 years 8 months ago #16585

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352

Tweet
!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

window.___gcfg = {lang]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();

Using an OpenSCAD shape as the board outline in EAGLE

Bryan Duxbury

3 Replies

I’ve been working on a Charlieplexed LED analog clock. The finished product will be an artfully routed PCB in a clear acrylic enclosure. Since the PCB will be the centerpiece, I want it to be pretty cool looking, including an interesting outline. The design I’m going for pictured below. It’s the union of four different rotations of the convex hull of a central circle and a smaller outer circle. Simple, right?

Read full article...

Via Hack-A-Day: Eagle Boards with Customized Shapes 3 years 2 months ago #17734

• DakLak
  • Fresh Boarder
Eagle seems to be written to exasperate people ... with great success. (I also use several other software packages including Cadence).

The CMD: DRAW is pretty poor compared to a free UPL CIRCULAR LAYOUT (Google it) - also search for "Circular Layout ULP for Eagle" by Darrell Tan. Do a Google for "TicTocTrac" and see an excellent example of circular application.

As you will find out from the article even AdaFruit did some hand-jobs in their PCBs!

Highly recommended!
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by DakLak. Reason: Update
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds