Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Seeed Studio at RadioShack?!?

Re: Seeed Studio at RadioShack?!? 6 years 9 months ago #16335

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
While looking at RadioShack's web site, I came across something interesting. RadioShack is now offering Products from Seeed Studio.

You do however pay dearly to have a product now!

Sometimes, having something now instead of in 2 - 3 weeks is worth the premium. None of the Seeed products appear to be in-stock in my local stores yet. It's nice to see some innovative steps at The Shack.
Attachments:

Re: Seeed Studio at RadioShack?!? 6 years 9 months ago #12437

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
I just don't think RS can compete with the Internet(ex:Ebay)if you consider the hard times alot of folks are in, and somewhat fast shipping from China. 3 years ago it took approx 4 weeks to receive a package from China here on the east coast, today I rountinely receive them in 2 weeks.
Also consider RS turned it's back on the DIYer several years ago,when it decided cellphones would carry it into the future.
Just my 2 cents worth.......... Will 2 cents still buy a piece of bubblegum?

Re: Seeed Studio at RadioShack?!? 6 years 9 months ago #12439

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
Will 2 cents still buy a piece of bubblegum?
If you get it on eBay from China, yes.

Re: Seeed Studio at RadioShack?!? 6 years 9 months ago #12457

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
I had a look at my local RadioShack today. I'm actually impressed with the range of new products of interest to a hacker that they're carrying.

In addition to half a dozen items from Seeed Studios, they are carrying an expanded line from Parallax, products from Makershed and even Popular Mechanics (who knew they were offering some simple robotics stuff?). The sales associate said they "are getting a ton of stuff every Thursday - we don't even have room for it all."

The prices aren't great but they may figure it out. It's great that somebody can walk into a RadioShack and come out with enough parts to make something that works.

Re: Seeed Studio at RadioShack?!? 6 years 9 months ago #12458

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
They have some great stuff now. The woman that runs the store I go to here has always had parts she told me if I had not keep asking her store wouldn't have much of this kind of stuff. Been going there for over 20 years. We have 3 store only hers keeps this stuff the shack is back.

It's a hour drive now to a real part's store I'm glad I keep going to the shack it saved me a lot of time don't have what I need most times but I still get the solder and when they started selling stamp's picked that up now the arduino and a mint in a tin can lol love them small PCB.

Been there from a kid to now it's still my candy store I guess.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds