Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: So I brought an iPhone 5 ..

Re: So I brought an iPhone 5 .. 6 years 10 months ago #16322

.. but I'm not overly happy with it! Ok, before I get flamed for buying an iPhone please let me explain .. ah hell, get your flame pants on, I had no idea what I was thinking.

Bugbears
#1 - Battery life is shocking (no pun intended, but it would explain the single digits of life remaining by 6pm).
#2 - It gets so hot after moderate use that I'd rather leave it on the bench than my pocket.
#3 - The case scratches, easily. Enjoy your disruptive pattern case if you dare leave your keys in the same pocket.
#4 - The screen sometimes flickers.
#5 - I could live with the above but this next item has enraged me enough to vent on the forum - I just found out why my cheap eBay accessories are not shipping.

Apple is sending me a new phone .. Somehow I doubt the second batch will be any better given the external indicators of production issues at Foxconn. Wifey will be getting an 'upgrade' when the next batch of S3s (with 4G LTE) are in stock

Re: So I brought an iPhone 5 .. 6 years 10 months ago #12380

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
Well, all I can say is "more fool you".

I have a 2 year old HTC, and while it's not perfect (rather slow, in fact), at least it isn't Apple.

Re: So I brought an iPhone 5 .. 6 years 10 months ago #12381

hehe, yep. I thought you'd say *something* like that. Anyhow, once bitten twice shy.

I wonder how the Apple community will react to these blunders..

Re: So I brought an iPhone 5 .. 6 years 10 months ago #12382

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
I wonder how the new phone compares to the old in one seeming critical area...the ability to make a phone call?

People somehow seemed to accept that you'd drop a call if you held the old generation a particular way. Really unbelievable.

Re: So I brought an iPhone 5 .. 6 years 10 months ago #12385

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
I don't understand the G4lite My kids have androids That have real fast cpu in them and are 4glite
phones my Iphone is 3G ok I tested it on the net and the data rate is the same as there's and They have that little icon that tells you your on G4 shining my phone has a 3G one.

And we have full speed towers here I have a verizon 4G box for home internet and laptop on it is just as fast as using the Iphone for a hotspot and there both fast I don't get why but oh well.

Now the kids as hotspot is way slower now figure that one out. Same laptop

Re: So I brought an iPhone 5 .. 6 years 10 months ago #12386

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
I don't understand the G4lite My kids have androids That have real fast cpu in them and are 4glite
phones my Iphone is 3G ok I tested it on the net and the data rate is the same as there's and They have that little icon that tells you your on G4 shining my phone has a 3G one.

And we have full speed towers here I have a verizon 4G box for home internet and laptop on it is just as fast as using the Iphone for a hotspot and there both fast I don't get why but oh well.

Now the kids as hotspot is way slower now figure that one out. Same laptop

It's a gimmick. Pure and simple.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds