Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad?

Re: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad? 6 years 11 months ago #16288

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Being a recent new coming to the iPad, I have accepted the fact that sometimes it's just more difficult to do things the easy way than the old-fashioned hard way. I will take it on faith that typing without cursor keys or a delete key is easier even tough it takes me longer and I make more mistakes. I'll see the light soon I suspect. I sure won't asked about it in an iPad forum as the zealots seem anxious to stone the infidels who don't see the true path and ask about such trivialities.

I have learned that it's just easier to type the URL tags than use the button in the forum and get the cursor in the right place and the same with bold and italics - it only takes 16 extra keypresses to get italics, so who is complaining.

One thing I haven't figured out how to do is upload an image file to the forum. I've learned that I can do a screen capture to the camera roll (and edit, crop, etc) but I don't know how to get the resulting image into the forum.

Can any true believers (or even heretics) enlighten me?

Re: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad? 6 years 11 months ago #5440

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
You can upload your photos I use google and then point to that haven't tried with iphone but it looks doable and they work like the tablet well you can't post it just email it to your self

Re: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad? 6 years 11 months ago #5441

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
One thing I haven't figured out how to do is upload an image file to the forum. I've learned that I can do a screen capture to the camera roll (and edit, crop, etc) but I don't know how to get the resulting image into the forum.
I cannot answer your question, but I have a question. Are you not seeing the browse/add file tool at the bottom of your window, or am I misunderstanding your issue ?

Re: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad? 6 years 11 months ago #11990

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
Its funny that this was posted but you can't upload from the phone and I'm sure the ipad is the same I emailed a pic
To me now it let me add that but get image format is wrong itsa jgp

Re: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad? 6 years 11 months ago #11991

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
I cannot answer your question, but I have a question. Are you not seeing the browse/add file tool at the bottom of your window, or am I misunderstanding your issue ?

If you mean the "upload attachment" option on the forum screen, yes, that does work...but you can't select a file on an iPad. There's nothing like a directory to look at on iPad.

Re: Posting Pictures to a Forum from an iPad? 6 years 11 months ago #11992

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
Have you searched the app's store?
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds