Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Andrew Carter's Blog - A Great Beginner's Resource

Re: Andrew Carter's Blog - A Great Beginner's Resource 7 years 8 months ago #9870

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
Yes I would put a fuse in front of R1 But it's a nice energy meter And we resale power
That idea would be simple way to show the renters there power use.

Re: Andrew Carter's Blog - A Great Beginner's Resource 7 years 8 months ago #9867

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
The supply is a nice idea for what it's being used for And I sure people will like
to read it. There a lot of people that ask about this kind of thing

And there a lot of Transformerless Power Supplies about haft of the supply's that run things like network router used them. http://www.eeweb.com/design-articles/tr ... capacitive

[Moderators Note]

Any way Thanks Jon for bringing His blog up I was glad to have found the page I read.

Re: Andrew Carter's Blog - A Great Beginner's Resource 7 years 8 months ago #9868

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Moderator's Note:

In the interest of safety, comments have been added regarding this power supply design and transformerless designs in general. This type of supply is fine where it is totally enclosed in an insulated housing. Power supplies of this type are at line voltage potential and can be fatal if parts are touched. Understand the hazards before constructing a supply of this type.

Several messages in this stream have been deleted; they had to do with warnings about the power supply shown above.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds