Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: pic to ps2 communication

Re: pic to ps2 communication 9 years 6 months ago #1515

Excellent stuff Roshan.

Looking forward to seeing the progress here, after all, a full PS2 keyboard would make an excellent interface medium

Re: pic to ps2 communication 9 years 6 months ago #1521

• Roshan
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Graham,

In my previous post i have mentioned about make code & break code. They are wrong. According to online information correct format is here.

when i press Key A

Then make code is $1C & release code is $F0, $1C.

Good thing is when i pull down clock line to low after receiving make code then key board will wait for clock line to go high then send balance release code. Now we can not loose any byte from keyboard.

if i pulldown clock line & after some time i will release clock line then how many time (time in micro second ) will keyboard take to start transmisssion. I could not find this information .

If we want to interface our project with ps2 then we must know timeout from keyboard otherwise pic micro will wait for ever data & program goes hang until data received from ps2 keyboard.

Re: pic to ps2 communication 8 years 2 months ago #8648

• RogerTango
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
It has been a long time since this post was updated by the OP, is there any further interest in using a PS2 keyboard with Proton?!?

Id love the have a library that I can interface a keyboard with my projects.

Andrew

Re: pic to ps2 communication 8 years 2 months ago #8649

I'm not sure if Roshan finished the module, although this was one of a couple of reasons I made my own module a while back. It was written with Swordfish, it's a form of "Basic" so it should be easy enough to translate.

The article that I released the module with includes a fair amount of info which should help along the way. Also, there are some handy links at the bottom of the article.
The following user(s) said Thank You: W4GNS
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds