Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: OSC Setting 18F13K22

Re: OSC Setting 18F13K22 6 years 9 months ago #12672

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
Maybe you need one of these then

I have a couple somewhere.
Which presents a question. Like most I don't have a great place to attach such a tool for a good ground. But I do have one of those Chinese Lab Grade power supply's that has 2 grounds with 1 being what I assume is a earth ground, would this be a good place (and safe) to attach the antistatic wrist straps ? Anyone ?

Re: OSC Setting 18F13K22 6 years 9 months ago #12673

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
I found a wireless antistatic strap here http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Wireless-An ... 2c5cda150b
I did not know such a thing exist. Anyone try a wireless model ? It would be nice as it would be much less of a burden.

Re: OSC Setting 18F13K22 6 years 9 months ago #12685

• RangerBob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 48
And how on earth is that supposed to work?

Watson! To the wikipedia!
"Wireless" or "dissipative" wrist straps are available, but they are widely considered as pseudoscientific hoax products whose market is non-technicians with no electrical knowledge. The claims of the operating principles vary from "Ion Neutralization, Skin Effect, Point Discharge and Corona Discharge Effect" to "Selglard electric halo principles".[1][2]

Here's a brief article about them. Note the internal picture]www.esdjournal.com/techpapr/sfowler/wireless.htm[/url]

Re: OSC Setting 18F13K22 6 years 9 months ago #12686

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
I was afraid that was the case, as I could not figure out how a charge could dissipate.
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds