Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Proton Forum License status

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10826

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
I have not. Soon, perhaps they'll be some good tools!

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10827

• Jon Chandler
Speaking of which, here's a great deal on a Microchip PIC32 dev board - regular price is $35 + shipping and handling. With the discount code, the price drops to $3.50. I'll all-in for $11.50 including shipping.

From the EEV Blog forum:
Just FYI, you can get a Microstick II for $3.49 if you use "MCHPPIC32" discount code on checkout.

http://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductSearch.aspx?Keywords=DM330013-2

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10828

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
Thank You! My cost was $10.44 shipped

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10829

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
Looks like my bitching was heard. I received an email (after the fact) today announing the changes. Without having my purchase info I was able to log back in after adding info to my profile,like my real name, compiler version, and whom I bought from, which I can't remember, but filled in the resellers city and state. They already had that info when I applied for licensed user status the first time. So it appears someone has entirely too much time on there hands to be pulling time wasting stunts like that,IMHO

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10830

• Jon Chandler
I think I had them convinced I was a legitimate user at one point but it took some effort. I didn't buy Proton - it was given to me in totality by a friend who tried it and found it unusable. I was given the software, key, manuals and even one of there dev boards (MK-II as I recall).

The circuit diagram for the board was missing from the manual - you'd think it was some technological wonder that I was trying to steal for all the trouble it was to get a schematic. Crown Hill finally offered to give me a CD containing the schematic, if I would send them a self-addressed, prepaid envelop to mail it back to me. Mail from the US to the UK and back because they absolutely refused to email a pdf.

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10832

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
They give new meaning to the word paranonia. Thankfully not all software vendors are that bad, at least to the customers.

I did go over and download a backup of the most recent version, in case they get another wild hair and make another smooth move, just in case I decide to code in PDS at some point in the future.
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds