Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Proton Forum License status

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10849

• RangerBob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 48
The whole paranoia thing is now completely out of hand over there: http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread ... ing-Proton

You have the usual users who jump on everybody and anybody accusing them of pirating, Lester gently suggests the idea of moving to an MBED style on-line compiler (which personally I like, no toolchain setup or dependencies, always have the right source with you, woo!) and the paranoid practically start forming a lynch mob and start setting up conspiracy theories!

A very entertaining thread. Might update my info (despite the particularly rude email I received this morning), just to keep my hand in. Pull up a chair and break out the popcorn!

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10853

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
. Pull up a chair and break out the popcorn!

Amen brother !!

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10858

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
I wonder if any of those guys realize how much the paranoia and hostility of the forum hurts sales of Proton? If somebody is considering purchase of Proton and they see the response to an innocent question, they may decide to look elsewhere.

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10862

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
We all know this, but I'll add it just in case, with the exception of 1 fill blown lunatic, that also declared himself the forum cop, and a few more that want to be like him, there are alot of good folks on that forum. As always the fruit loops are the loudest.

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10870

Pay per compile was mentioned, and then a few posts later "only for code that works".

Classic

Re: Proton Forum License status 7 years 3 months ago #10871

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Only of the machinery condition monitoring instrument manufactures tried this approach. The hardware would do some basic functions but advanced features were only available on a pay-per-use basis. It didn't go over too well. Their advertising literature showing a hand feeding a parking meter in the background probably didn't help matters any

I can picture this...the machine is finally exhibiting what ever strange behavior someone is trying to investigate...and your out of change! Of course you didn't have to shove coins into the instrument but I think we've all experienced rummaging around in the car to find enough change for the meter.
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds