Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller

Re: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller 8 years 6 months ago #5517

Thanks for clearing that up Graham, by the looks you aren't using the dual color mode? So i'll make a pcb with our mini-cnc to use 128 x 5mm LED's instead. This way the code doesn't need to be changed as i'll make the 128 LED's appear the same electrically as 2 x 8x8 LED Matrixes.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller 8 years 6 months ago #5518

Sounds like you guys have quite the hobby setup! I'm really interested to see the progress of your project - perhaps you could throw the odd post in the forum? digital-diy.com/forum/

Re: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller 8 years 6 months ago #5519

Be more than happy too! To cut down on wear and breakages on the bits (which cost us a bundle), we use isolation routing, so it's quite a big job to create th NC files from the vector graphic layout. I've just finished the LED portion of the board, after sorting out how to get the Cathode columns lined up vertically while connecting the Anodes horizontally.

When we're done, assuming it actually works, I'll post a vid of the cnc in action making the board (computer controlled router = COOL!), and put up the NC files and my drawings to make it easier for those wanting to replicate it.

I see you have a debouncedelay constant defined, so i'm guessing we can safely put in a reset switch from the Pos power input?

cheers,
Ian

Re: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller 8 years 6 months ago #5520

Hi Graham, i managed to make an Eagle layout for your project, and tweaked it a bit, adding a power supply section using a LM7805 (to use a 9v battery).
The led matrix i used is made by LITE-ON, the model is "LTP-14088A-03"
I produced a master ready to be printed and used to etch a pcb.

You can find all the stuff here at my website:

www.eddieslab.com/?p=1544

Along with a small video showing the final product (I'm sorry it is in italian, i can make one in english if needed).

Hope you like it and if you think that offended in some ways your intellectual property, just let me know, i will take it off.

Cheers,

Enrico Castellani

Re: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller 8 years 6 months ago #5521

Hi Enrico,

Very impressive result - and thank you for the attribution. I've added your comment to the article as a source for the PCB Layout

Re: Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller 8 years 6 months ago #5735

• Mosaic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Graham, I love this project and I'd like create a 4' by 2' 'large screen' version.

I'm thinking about using 4 hi mcd LEDs to make a large 'DOT' driven by perhaps a bank of mosfets.

I calc that at 100mA per DOT...we'd be looking at a max current of about 12Amps. That's 2 much for a ULN darlington to sink and the mcu to source by a long shot.

Can u suggest a more economic approach than banking 24 mosfets?
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds