Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor

Re: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor 8 years 8 months ago #5553

Excellent work AndyO

I have been looking for an XBEE project which could be used to supplement my design for an environmental chamber monitoring application. The environmental chamber includes a source of artificial solar loading and my design for the remote features a PICAXE/XBEE front-end powered by a two battery system
(1 X 1.2 V AAA under solar panel/Max756 trickle charge + 1 X 3.6V TADIRAN Lithium battery dedicated for the periodic XBEE transmission bursts). I am still deciding on the base station user interface. I have started with a simple PICAXE/XBEE/character LCD base station interface but I would also like review ideas for a more graphic interface such as the Pocket PC interface you developed. Would you be willing to post more details about your base station receiver, possibly including some of the visual basic code for the pocket PC ?

Cheers

Re: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor 8 years 8 months ago #5554

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 14
WayneR: Sounds like an interesting project - hopefully you'll be able to share it here when it's completed. I'm more than happy to share the PocketPC code - give me a mo to dig it out...

Using the PocketPC was overkill but it was lying unused in a drawer and it was a really quick way to get a colour touchscreen interface and an SD card logger with minimal effort on my part. If I come across any other old WinCE devices being sold cheap I might pick them up for future projects.

Re: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor 8 years 8 months ago #5555

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
VB source code is here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=551

Re: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor 8 years 8 months ago #5556

Thanks AndyO, I appreciate the share. My project, which I do intend to share when completed, is particularly challenging because it involves development of a portable/wireless climate data collection device which will be subjected to continuous full-sun/high UV sunload, cyclic extreme high/low temperature and humidity, with periodic wetting 24/7. Therefore, all components must be robust and consistently reliable.

BTW for others who are also interested in using a pocket PC platform for this wireless application, I have sourced some of the needed software development tools here:

http://download.cnet.com/Pocket-PC-2002 ... 731597.htm

and here

http://cobweb.ecn.purdue.edu/~mobility/ ... .html#desc

Embedded visual tools 3.0 includes embedded visual basic 3.0.

Cheers

Re: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor 8 years 8 months ago #5557

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
Good job finding Embedded Visual Tools online - I thought it was lost for good!

Re: Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor 8 years 8 months ago #5558

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Mr Andy, what code you should include on your program when using proton ide to transmit temperature sensor through wireless, xbee? thank and I will appreciate your help.
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds