Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: 24 Timers!

Re: 24 Timers! 9 years 3 months ago #14820

24 Timers! (follow the link for more info)

Re: 24 Timers! 9 years 3 months ago #1895

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 14
Nice project! The front panel looks great - how did you do the legend?

Re: 24 Timers! 9 years 3 months ago #1898

Cheers Andy
how did you do the legend?
With a decal machine at work.

It's a new addition to our section, so you'll probably see more projects coming out with them

Re: 24 Timers! 9 years 1 month ago #2381

I have spent the better part of the last three weekends trying to isolate the bug that was making the program hang for long periods at a time.

The symptom was simple: the program would stop and display the last timer/settings on the LCD. It would occur between 3 and 7 hours of operation. The start/stop/silence buttons were inoperable while the program was hanging.

My initial thoughts were that the program had completely stopped and was hanging somewhere. Trying different techniques and waiting 3-7 hours for a tell was utterly annoying.

An long story cut short: I was using the LCD_RW pin in an effort to reduce the time taken by screen updates (instead of connecting it to GND). The result was a program that appeared non-responsive and intermittent as hell to debug.

I tied LCD_RW to GND and removed about 30+ debugging lines of code and the program has been stable for two complete 7 hour intervals.

24 Timers! 4 years 4 months ago #17121

• frankko
  • Fresh Boarder
hello Graham ,
the link is broken. Where downloads the code?

24 Timers! 4 years 4 months ago #17122

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Graham seems to be missing in action.

If links to a file are broken, go to Site Tools/DOCman/ in the menu bar and have a look there.

24 Timers is on this page.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds