Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Question About Caseless Power Adapters

Question About Caseless Power Adapters 5 days 3 hours ago #18023

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 45
I'm a fan of eBay like most of us are, but I worry about power supplies that are not UL listed for obvious reasons.

I need a beefy power supply module but I also need it to be narrow. Weird huh? Not sure where to find what I am looking for so I'll detail it here.

I need to replace a light bulb with a device of my making. So far, the housing is going to be a 11cm length of 1 and 1/4 inch diameter PVC pipe. I want the electronics including the PSU inside the pipe. On one end, I want to glue or otherwise fasten a screw in light bulb socket to outlet adapter with the outlet facing inside the pipe. From here, I will run AC to the PSU. It should be a good fit with 1 1/4 PVC. The PSU has to be 120vac to 3.3vdc at 6 amps. Yeah, the device I am using has 100 WS2812B LED's around the outside of the PVC section. If cooling is an issue, I can vent the PVC with a bunch of small holes drilled. Or maybe even a passive HSF system. Not sure yet, hope it is not needed. Passive HSF meaning no fan, just a piezo electric oscillating fan thing or something else non-mechanical.

Any help finding what I am looking for would be appreciated of course! And even better would be something you can endorse with previous dealings with.

Thank you for your time!!!
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds