Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Automated Plant Watering - Here We Go! Project Node Server Projects

Automated Plant Watering - Here We Go! Project Node Server Projects 1 week 6 days ago #18013

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 45
Greets All! Cheers! Have a beer and read on! Works for me! :)

Looking for projects that I can assemble that will take advantage of my Project Node Servers. Yeah, this means automation! Except I want control to tweak whatever I have to do to allow my autonomous system to think like I do. To a fault? Maybe. lol. I live and learn and so will this system I have created!

Automated House Plant Watering - Yeah ok, not Earth shattering at all. It's not like I discovered some new particle at CERN, but this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Kits are available at BANGOOD, Alibaba, Ali-Express, eBay, even Amazon. It's nothing new, but hopefully better and open source. No we are not talking about hydroponics, at least not yet, but automating a function I would rather not have to deal with on a daily basis. But I want it to be reliable, and safe, so it has a bit of "OVERKILL" to that end. Eventuality is my middle name and I always try to code for that.

So I want to water my indoor garden and feed it too. I want to make sure the hydration is at the correct pH level, and applied only intermittently with the right amount of drainage and drying period. I do not want to over-water and flood my office either. I even want to rid the plants of fungus gnats but that is a separate project that involves UV lighting and tennis racket zappers. OH MY! I want all the data I can gather to feed a database to analyze with scripts and tweak to optimum conditions. Even offer misting with emitters if needed. And let us not forget about imaging! I want time lapse images of my plants progress. Even run a pixel analysis to count new leaves, record height. And pack all the sensor data in the metadata portion of each image.

Sounds like a JEEP-FULL of cargo for the project, but all this has been done. It's just a matter of assembling it to my tastes. I already worked out the transport for the data gathering and control. Now it's time to apply that support to a real working project of automation! WOOHOO!

I am designing this in CAD and also in a PPT project file right now. The code will come soon, as will the physical components I already have. This is exciting! I can't wait to get to work on it this weekend.

More when I have something to offer. I have some I2C testing to do still with the project node servers and MQTT code to write. Initial tests will involve just flashing some remote LED's, then it gets REAL INTERESTING! :)

Thanks for listening!
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by hop. Reason: Grammar, always
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds