Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Pi Zero Wifi / STM32F103CBT6 Project Node Servers

Pi Zero Wifi / STM32F103CBT6 Project Node Servers 1 week 5 days ago #18011

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 45
OK, the I2C on the ESP8266 is bit-banged and has a limit of 400k speed. Not a deal breaker at all, but I want to try the ESP32S REV 1 in this and see if I get faster speed with the hardware I2C. There are some other bells and whistles with the ESP32S REV 1, like an integrated temp sensor, hall sensor, and 2 more GPIO. Also it is faster and has a dual core. The dual core usage however needs to be set up and utilized specifically, so there is some research to do.

It fits into the budget though, of keeping the cost at or under $20 for the whole system. I have to say that I am impressed with the libraries available that control my SSD1306 128x64 OLED displays. It's faster, or seems that way, allows for functions to control screen "tabs" with an overlay function in real time. We will see how these boards do when they get here Saturday.

So it's back to work on the I2C communications. First test project will be to control a 3.3v rail via MQTT, take light, temp, and humidity sensor readings, and test firmware updates over wlan. Parallel testing will be to see how much I can do with the ability to serve web and how snappy a web interface will be, or if I have to handle all that on the home server. 4mb of flash with no restrictions from the development software, like Keil has, is a lot for an embedded device. There should be a lot of room for autonomy.

More when I know it. Time to get to work! :)
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds