Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Gardening Indoors - Embedded Support

Gardening Indoors - Embedded Support 9 months 1 week ago #17895

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 45
Greets All!

It's been a busy week for ideas, but I am trying (as a new year's resolution) to keep my ideas viable and do-able, and this one is a big one!

My wife and I are going through a serious medical issue right now. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and although it appears it has not spread, it did find a way to her lymph nodes. So surgery and Kemo is in our future.

I did not mention that to mine sympathy. Instead, I wanted everyone to know why if I disappear for a few months, and why I am looking for embedded systems to aid in simple automation.

It appears that our gardening outside is not going to happen this year, but gardening INSIDE is totally doable. All we want to experiment with is tomatoes and cucumbers, and maybe blueberries and/or strawberries, and all we have to worry about is light, water, and wind. Yeah, wind! lol

As far as automation, this is a PERFECT project for my prototype board. I need soil moisture readings, control lighting, and maybe an extra bonus of time lapse video of the growth! MQTT fits right in for this project. Allowing my home server to monitor and relay data about their progress through a web interface. This is going to be fun!

I already have liquid pumps, tubing, sensors, cameras, and enough IoT devices to make this happen. This is going to be fun! Stay tuned! I might actually get this exposed on various websites, but I really do not care about that. All I care about is getting some tasty pest-free tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries and blueberries for my wife in the kitchen. WooHoo!

I also already have two GIANT grow lights although I am still searching for adequate fixtures to mount them in.

Any help or suggestions will be welcome! Thank you!!
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds