Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: 74HC595-driven LCD Interface - 2 Pin 8 Bit Versions

Re: 74HC595-driven LCD Interface - 2 Pin 8 Bit Versions 3 years 1 month ago #17771

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
I have been using the Pro Mini ATMEGA 328P for a long time. For the price, it's a wonderful drop-in controller for just about everything. And the Arduino IDE has evolved so much. I use it to program other boards, including the ESP8266. I am currently looking to break out of the arduino IDE and into Eclipse. This all was a sideways adventure for me since my love for embedded systems was born in the Microchip genre. My hopes are that I will find my way back to the 32MX795 line through these other technologies and build embedded ideas using several platforms of embedded technology, including my beagle bone blacks and RPi's. Then it will be off to FPGA but I am not ready yet. I tried the Tinsy with its faster speed and more memory, and also the ESP8266 line. The Tinsy line was just too expensive to use viably.

And now that I am going after working with aluminum parts, I can build robotics also, and eventually my dream quadcopter. The Pro Mini was an awesome platform for me to get into it where the PIC line was just to close to the processor for me to create these things easily. Too many configurable options, and I never had a DSO and other gear like I do now to trouble shoot my configuration error issues.

Anyway, I'm getting good at coding these things to talk to each other. Now it's just a matter of deciding what device is right for the sub-system I need handled. Then I can decide on, design, and have built a board that includes the bare-bones systems I need for building ideas on that won't cost too much. That is my goal, my dream.

Re: 74HC595-driven LCD Interface - 2 Pin 8 Bit Versions 3 years 1 month ago #17772

• MMcLaren
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30
Sounds like you're having great fun while building a nice arsenal of development tools.

Take care. Cheerful regards, Mike
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by MMcLaren.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds