Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: 5eboards - A Neat Idea

5eboards - A Neat Idea 2 years 5 months ago #17898

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
Greets All!

I am a guy that bread boards a lot of circuits. Bread-boarding has it's caveats though, which most widely known is the capacitance you suffer from the nature of the design. I found today that it has been referred to as parasitics although certainly not sure if that is a word. Anyway, if you are building high frequency designs, op amps, etc., this medium can cause you all sorts of pain and suffering.

I use it for digital design work though, and with the proper rated and number of decoupling capacitors, 99% of my simpler designs are a breeze to layout on a nice flat of bread board real estate. My issues though are dust that collects on an uncovered board and into the contacts, and layout design. You might have a bread board that caters to a slim dip device, but using a wider design or development board leaves the bus connections mostly under the plugged in device.

So then I happened on this company, 5eboards, and their offering solves that for me. I have not used it yet, but the prices for such versatility seems reasonable. Add on parts can be rather pricey, but you get a good quantity of the part, and allows you to scale to your needs.

What I like the most is that you can configure your bread board to your needs of the design and not have to stick with a generic layout. If you are busing to the pins of a wide device, just move the blocks out a ways to allow the maximum connections to that pin. And, you only have to use the blocks on the pins you are connecting to.

I like the idea and considering trying it. There are packaged kits that are not too expensive, like $13.00 USD, and I can expand with parts in the future as needed.

Has anyone tried these guys? I would like your feedback.

Thank you for your time!
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hop. Reason: Typo
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds