Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Mircochip "Core Independent Peripherals" – Interesting Possibilites

Mircochip "Core Independent Peripherals" – Interesting Possibilites 4 years 3 months ago #17099

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Interesting. "Core independent peripherals", once set up, don't require any intervention from the microcontroller's core. You may be familiar with one of these if you've ever used PWM (pulse width modulation) but they've added additional modules on some chips, including some 18F-series parts that will be compatible with Swordfish Basic.

Definitely worth investigating.

Core Independent Peripherals

Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Jon Chandler.

Mircochip "Core Independent Peripherals" – Interesting Possibilites 4 years 3 months ago #17100

• Jon Chandler
This was a short-lived love affair. The 18F-series parts don't support the most interesting (to me) features...and they're all "future releases."

The 12F and 16F series parts appear to be well-supported.

Mircochip "Core Independent Peripherals" – Interesting Possibilites 4 years 3 months ago #17101

• jmessina
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 189
I noticed support for the 18FxxK40 is in the latest XC8 compiler, so the parts probably aren't too far away.

You're right, though, all the really "good" peripherals are missing from that one. At least it has the PPS feature + a few other nice to have ones, but nothing earth-shattering.

Mircochip "Core Independent Peripherals" – Interesting Possibilites 4 years 3 months ago #17102

• Jon Chandler
I like the NCO (numeric controlled oscillator) and dug up references to a project that's been on my mind for a few years before I noticed it was missing from the 18F parts :(

Mircochip "Core Independent Peripherals" – Interesting Possibilites 4 years 3 months ago #17103

• jmessina
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 189
The CLC (Configurable Logic Cell) would be a handy feature to have too, but that one's missing as well.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds