Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Arduino Programmable GPS with 100MHz RISC/FPU + 1.2MB Memory

Re: Arduino Programmable GPS with 100MHz RISC/FPU + 1.2MB Memory 5 years 5 months ago #16637

• JH314
  • Fresh Boarder
http://t.cn/8FxmRWr

Moderator's Note:

Here's the text from Hack-A-Day. This is an interesting GPS module because it can use other positioning satellites too.
Sticking a GPS module in a project has been a common occurrence for a while now, whether it be for a reverse geocache or for a drone telemetry system. These GPS modules are expensive, though, and they only listen in on GPS satellites – not the Russian GLONASS satellites or the Chinese Beidou satellites. NavSpark has the capability to listen to all these positioning systems, all while being an Arduino-compatible board that costs about $20.

Inside the NavSpark is a 32-bit microcontroller core (no, not ARM. LEON) with 1 MB of Flash 212kB of RAM, and a whole lot of horsepower. Tacked onto this core is a GPS unit that’s capable of listening in on GPS, GPS and GLONASS, or GPS and Beidou signals.

On paper, it’s an extremely impressive board for any application that needs any sort of global positioning and a powerful microcontroller. There’s also the option of using two of these boards and active antennas to capture carrier phase information, bringing the accuracy of this setup down to a few centimeters. Very cool, indeed.

Re: Arduino Programmable GPS with 100MHz RISC/FPU + 1.2MB Me 5 years 5 months ago #13809

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
The url looks extremely fishy, but it sends you to a product on the Hack a Day site, so it's ok.

Re: Arduino Programmable GPS with 100MHz RISC/FPU + 1.2MB Me 5 years 5 months ago #13861

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
Isn't that a TinyURL? I see those in my twitter sms but not in sites, at least not until now. Cool.

That's a pretty neat board! Looks very similar to a Teensy, except for the reduced header mounts. 4 times the flash and almost 4 times the ram, and a hair faster. And WITH GPS! The prototype page says less than $15 USD which also makes it 3/4 the price of the Teensy 3.1.

This has awesome potential for aerial projects like multi-rotors. I'm digging this big time! Thank you for the heads up!
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds