Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328

Re: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328 5 years 4 months ago #13968

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
Went with a FTDI board that seems to be widely accepted for Arduino Mini Pro work. I have to admit that I am pretty excited about these little things. There are so many places in my house, my Jeep, my life that I want to throw control via my code at. We are probably a few years away from a version of these that are network able, for this price, but it's a solid start.

In the spirit of OFF-TOPIC, I wonder what it WOULD take to network these via wireless. I have a $7 dongle from Edimax plugged into my RPi that is working very well. It's fast too, 802.11n (150mbps - capable). Now I understand that there are layers to TCP/IP that either have to be included on the hardware, or supported by the software, but I wonder...
With the 2.4GHz transceivers out there, what about networking these using that protocol, using serial, with a centralized WiFi that translates it all? And how the 2.4GHz signal would interfere with WiFi that uses the same band.

Re: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328 5 years 4 months ago #13969

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
Another off-topic. I asked Graham if he would be able to, and would agree to, expanding the avatar dimension restrictions to allow a wider avatar. There seems to be room for it, at least on my browser. Then I could include my whole avatar as it was meant to be seen.
Attachments:

Re: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328 5 years 4 months ago #13970

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
And I like what I have done with your hair.
Attachments:

Re: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328 5 years 4 months ago #13972

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
This listing shows support for the 328, and there is little difference from 328 to 328p that I can recall. http://www.ebay.com/itm/USBASP-USBISP-A ... 484ba76ee2

It's a good idea to wait from a responce from the seller though. My favorite AVR is the 328p and I own one of these programmers, I don't think I would have bought one without 328p support. My brain is still very foggy from the strokes I had a few weeks ago, so I may very well be wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hop

Re: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328 5 years 4 months ago #13973

• Baldor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 91

In the spirit of OFF-TOPIC, I wonder what it WOULD take to network these via wireless. I have a $7 dongle from Edimax plugged into my RPi that is working very well. It's fast too, 802.11n (150mbps - capable). Now I understand that there are layers to TCP/IP that either have to be included on the hardware, or supported by the software, but I wonder...
With the 2.4GHz transceivers out there, what about networking these using that protocol, using serial, with a centralized WiFi that translates it all? And how the 2.4GHz signal would interfere with WiFi that uses the same band.

Wifi shields are expensive enven at eBay, but maybe this ethernet shield could do the trick. Ethernet and low pin count. I don't know how hard the software side will be, but there are a lot of tutorials for arduino and ethernet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIni-3-3v-ENC28 ... 5661ef4952
Aprendiz de mucho, maestro de casi nada.

Re: Arduino PRO MINI ATMEGA328 5 years 4 months ago #13974

• lespic
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 35
Hop Now look what you did....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hop
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds