Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tag-Connect

Re: Tag-Connect 8 years 4 months ago #6647

• tagman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Thanks Graham...

Glad to have found this great website with some very useful stuff on it!

Re: Tag-Connect 8 years 4 months ago #6766

I have used two varieties of this device, and am pleased with the result. They seem to be very well made, and I'm hopeful that I'll get a lot of use from them before they need replacing.
I use the TC2030-MCP with a Microchip ICD3, and have programmed perhaps 15 Microchip parts this way, with no problems. My only comment is that at first it's a little tricky to get the connector installed. Once I got the hang of it, it just takes a second or two.
I have also used the TC2050-IDC. This is a 10-pin version. I have so far programmed one Xilinx FPGA once with it. The locating pins on this cable are just a little longer than the TC2030-MCP, which makes it easier to install.
Regarding the layout: I used 10-mil traces and a fine grid to sneak between the holes. The Eagle DRC complained, but I got rid of most of the complaints by reducing the parameter it was complaining about: distance from trace to hole. I used the Eagle library parts available from tag-connect.com, and the blank boards were built by pcbcart.com.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds