Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Need a Current Measurement Digital Reporting IC (Integrated Circuit)

Need a Current Measurement Digital Reporting IC (Integrated Circuit) 3 weeks 4 days ago #18106

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
Greets All!

I know you guys and gals all know what "IC" means, but I included it in the subject field for search reasons.

I am looking for an Integrated Circuit, (better known as an IC :whistle:) that will allow me to read current measurements of a system BY the system. I really do not need power management per se, just a chip that will report current draw, like a Kill-a-watt device but at the embedded level. And report it digitally via SPI or I2C, even one wire. There HAS to be a device out there that does this, hopefully with minimal external components.

The idea here of course is that I want to have it in a system I design so I can report the project's controlling system current consumption, and even the voltage rails if possible. I plan to use this on my prototyping bench rig to test how my code effects power consumption, but it will most likely have greater uses if I include it in all my project boards spawned from the prototype. And if I add individual battery backup, this will help the managing MCU to control itself and connected sub-systems as far as sleep modes, etc.

Thanks for your time!!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by hop. Reason: afterthought
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds