Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Need help in building a light sensor for use with a Pluto Trigger (see below)

Need help in building a light sensor for use with a Pluto Trigger (see below) 2 years 1 month ago #17946

• warren
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently purchased a Pluto Trigger device for my photographic pursuits (you can see the unit by searching the web for "Pluto Trigger") Among its features is the ability to trigger a camera (or flash) when a laser beam is interrupted, which is one of the things that prompted my purchase. The unit even comes with a small laser emitter for that purpose. The instruction manual suggests an even more elegant modification that would be particularly helpful to me in photographing small pollinators. That's where I need your help. Here's what the manual says:
"Laser Cross Beam Sensor: Build a DIY light sensor and plug it into Aux port of Pluto Trigger. In Aux mode, set trigger mode to "Low Trigger" and adjust the sensitivity when laser beam aligned. Go to Laser mode, adjust sensitivity when laser beam is aligned. Finally switch to Fusion mode, "AND" Aux mode with Laser mode to set up a laser cross beam sensor." There is a YouTube video that shows such a setup in action (it'll probably be the first or second YouTube link listed if you search for Laser Cross Beam Sensor).
I'm told by the manufacturer that "You just need a led, a resistor and a cable to make the light sensor." They offerend no further guidance, other than stating that they do not plan on marketing the requisite sensor. . Alas, I am a biologist, not an electrician, so I'm at a loss. HELP!!! Can anyone offer some guidance on how to build the requisite sensor?? The sensor will plug into the AUX port of the Pluto Trigger via a 2.5 mm audio cable. For the laser beam that points to the sensor, I'll just use a laser pointer. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO BUILD THE SENSOR??
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds