Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Thermocouple calibration Furnace

Thermocouple calibration Furnace 3 years 9 months ago #17526

Hello everybody,
I work in a developing company in major city of the middle east. Today we received a quotation from our friendly company asking for the quotation of Thermocouple calibration Furnace for upto 1100 °C.
My boss said, we will do it ourselves and asked to prepare a plan. I am searching in the internet for the past 6 hours and i still haven't found a circuit or idea. It would be of uttermost help if anybody guide me through this.
I need information like circuits, components needed, material to be used etc.,

Thermocouple calibration Furnace 3 years 9 months ago #17527

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
In the materials science lab at the university I went to, there was a small laboratory oven that would heat to very high temperatures. As I recall, it was pretty small, about 1' on a side.

Another option would be a small kiln used for curing ceramics. My hacker space has one of these, which is also about 1' on a side.

This is a good start on a Google search. Sorry I can't help more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayachandran

Thermocouple calibration Furnace 3 years 9 months ago #17531

Thanks Jon. I am looking for even high temperature like 1100°C with a well on it so that i can do the calibration of thermocouples.

Thermocouple calibration Furnace 3 years 9 months ago #17532

• Baldor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 91
You can divide the project in 2 parts:

- The phisical furnace: enclosure and heating elements. I have no idea how you can aproach this.

- The thermostat: A way to set the temp of the furnace, that you can subdivide it in other two parts:

- The thermomether: You need an alredy calibrated sensor (thermocouple or other means). You need more precision than your target precision. This will be triky.

- Power control: You need to control the power to the heating elements according to the thermometer readings.

For the thermostat part, you can take a look at DIY reflow ovens or soldering iron controllers. It's not the same temperature range, but you will have an idea of what you need and how the control loop works.
Aprendiz de mucho, maestro de casi nada.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayachandran

Thermocouple calibration Furnace 3 years 9 months ago #17533

Thanks Mr. Baldor.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds