Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ok how do I go pcb shopping

Ok how do I go pcb shopping 3 years 10 months ago #17280

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Catching up on some links.

Seeed CAM and DRU (design rule check) for Eagle - at the bottom of this page.

Elecrow Circuit Boards

Smart Prototyping

Both of the above provide good boards. Check out their other products too; lots of interesting components at each of these places.

I started with the Seeed CAM processor file, but made some changes.

The first is the add layer 20, the board outline to all the Gerber layers. Add layer 20 in each tab. Make sure none of the rotate/flip/reverse boxes are checked on any tab.

For non-plated holes, another Gerber layer is needed. Call it NPTH. Check ONLY Layer 20 and layer 45 (holes). Do not check layer 44 (drills). This tells the manufacturer which holes should not be plated. It will generate a warning message that you haven't selected any drills. This is ok.

One final step. After you create the Gerber files, you should check that everything looks ok. Gerbv is the best tool 'Ive found to do this, and it's free. It shows all the Gerber layers and the Excellon drill layer. You can toggle each layer on and off. What you see is like an xray looking down through the board stack. All the holes should line up. If the holes between top and bottom layers don't line up, chances are you have one of those rotate/mirror/reverse boxes checked in the CAM processor.

Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jon Chandler.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds