Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: RN171/Wifly Sensor Network

Re: RN171/Wifly Sensor Network 5 years 7 months ago #16622

• RangerBob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 48
Background

RN-171/RN-131 Wifly module many of them are using to connect to the wireless network is a 32bit powerhouse that is perfectly capable of performing and posting the measurements by itself! They are all too happy to leave the Arduino banging away in a main loop, running off a 9V battery via the linear regulator, and ignoring the perfectly capable processor on the Wifly itself. I like Arduino, but I much prefer using the right tool for the right job!

Read full article...

Re: RN171/Wifly Sensor Network 5 years 6 months ago #13707

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Thanks for a great article.

Re: RN171/Wifly Sensor Network 5 years 6 months ago #13751

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 46
Yes, great article, and thank you for the heads up! I got to try one of these for outside projects for talking to my wireless network.

Re: RN171/Wifly Sensor Network 5 years 5 months ago #13882

• RangerBob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 48
FYI: Yet another article about datalogging using an arduino.

http://learn.adafruit.com/low-power-wif ... g/overview

Gets the right general idea using sleep modes and reduced hardware but the final solution gets predicted 33.3 Hour run time off 6 AA batteries even with optimisations, logging at 1 minute intervals. Sleep mode is almost 1mA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: W4GNS

Re: RN171/Wifly Sensor Network 5 years 2 months ago #14299

Hi ,

I notice from other site that we need to configure both the host ip address and hostname for http request to work . However in your example only ip address is configured. Is it the case that either the hostname or the ip address is required ?

I am thinking of using in in a small home monitoring project but e server i have doesnt have a static ip address. Thanks for clarifying.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds