Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Faulhaber Motor ID help

Re: Faulhaber Motor ID help 4 years 4 weeks ago #16562

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thanks received: 45
I just came into possession of a number (20+) of these today. The stamp on the motor is
FAULHABER MOTOREN 2230.G0003 3501-0009-01 REV D. See 2nd picture.
I am having a tough time finding a datasheet on this motor so I do not know what voltage it needs, how the encoder works, etc. The connector is 7 position with one position filled for idiot proofing I suspect. It's 2,space,4. I assume the grouped 2 conductors are the power and ground, and the grouped 4 conductors are for the encoder.

The motor has a gear on the shaft as well. I am researching how I can find the pitch of the gear.

These were used in a security camera tilt and pan system. The units have two heavily populated boards, a camera, lots of hardware, power converter, and two of these motors. Of course, I am harvesting what I can. Since I am playing with robotics with MCU control, these motors look like they will be a big help to that end.

Any suggestions or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Nudge to Mr. Chandler because I know what a surplus guru you are.

Images attached. Thank you for your time!!

Hop
Attachments:

Re: Faulhaber Motor ID help 4 years 3 weeks ago #13556

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 338
Check out this page – it looks to be what you have. Not that I can tell much, except the "12 V" part.

Here's the general page with some alternatives.

Re: Faulhaber Motor ID help 4 years 3 weeks ago #13557

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
I saw something in that mess about pulses per revolution. Is that the encoder they are referring to or is the motor controlled that way? What do you think?

And the G0003, G0004... Could that refer to 'gear'?

Re: Faulhaber Motor ID help 4 years 3 weeks ago #13558

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
Operating Voltage: 12v
N0-Load Speed:9500 RPM
Deceleration Speed: 220 RPM
Output Power: 3.27 watts
Torque Approx: 0.3Nm
Reduction Ratio 43:1
Encoder - Optical
OutPuts: AB Dual Outputs
Pulses Per Revolution: 512
The following user(s) said Thank You: hop, Jon Chandler

Re: Faulhaber Motor ID help 5 months 3 weeks ago #17927

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow I missed that W4GNS!!! Now I am resurrecting this project and noticed I posted this thread 3 years ago!!! Where does the time go??

Where did you get those specs?? I have been looking for years about these motors!

So at least I know what these motors are and need. How do I map out the 7 pin connector? You EE chaps I'm sure know a way. HELP!

Re: Faulhaber Motor ID help 5 months 3 weeks ago #17928

• hop
  • Platinum Boarder
The boards that support these motors are huge. I guess I can trace the connectors and figure out what they do. I will be looking for a controller for these motors also. I have another smaller version of these motors that I salvaged as well, and will post that in this thread also. Faulhaber is suppose to be really good brand. I am excited about what I salvaged here. :)

I also have 15 analog camera modules I salvaged as well. No idea what to do with them or how to use them. They might good for simple image processing with a RPi Zero or STM32F103C8T6 though. Just have to digitize the analog signal. Can't be too hard now with what is out there. Something low resolution and pixelated like the 1973 WestWorld ... what the gunslinger saw.

It's been decades since I researched this... Analog to Digital conversion and devices that support it. Should be something cheap available now that can do that with a standard older composite video signal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds