Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Debugging my Power Monitor Code

Re: Debugging my Power Monitor Code 6 years 7 months ago #16428

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352

Re: Debugging my Power Monitor Code 6 years 7 months ago #12926

• Jon Chandler
The plot shows voltage level vs. time, just in case that's not clear. There are about 3000 measurements over the span shown.

Re: Debugging my Power Monitor Code 6 years 7 months ago #12928

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
Well hunted down there, sir.

That one would have probably had me stumped for hours. But then, not used to using BASIC, and having it all handed to me on a plate with sprintf() in C, these things aren't upper-most in my debugging mind

Re: Debugging my Power Monitor Code 6 years 7 months ago #12929

• Jon Chandler
By the way, I'm certain there are many other ways to parse the mV data into decimal volts. This was more about the process of isolating the problem, following a logical sequence.

Finding the right test case was definitely the key to understanding and solving the mystery.

Re: Debugging my Power Monitor Code 6 years 7 months ago #12932

• Jon Chandler
Using padding in the DecimalToStr command did indeed correct the conversion problem. No more of the glitch problems but also what I thought was just measurement noise is gone too. Below is a plot similar to those that had the glitches. This plot shows a battery discharge curve; the plot shows data taken every second for nearly an hour - over 3000 measurements. Man is the curve pretty!

The curve has a bit of inflection at the right side, caused by my LM-317-based constant current load falling off below around 3 volts. If the same load had continued, the line would be nearly vertical; the battery is just about dead at that point.

Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds