Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Extension Calculator for Component Purchases

Re: Extension Calculator for Component Purchases 7 years 3 months ago #15644

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352

With quantity discounts on components, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a larger quantity than you need for a particular project and save them for future use.  This is a simple Windows application written in Visual Basic 6 to help you compare quantity prices so you can decide if ordering enough to get a higher price break makes sense.

This program should run under any version of Windows without installation. VBRun600.dll may need to be downloaded if it's not already installed on your computer.

Using this calculator is really simple.  Enter the quantities and unit cost or extended cost for the range bracketing your needed quantity.  In the illustration to right, I need six parts, so I've entered the break breaks for 1 and 10 quantities.  The program calculates the crossover point as 8 parts - if I buy 8 parts, it's cheaper at the Qty 1 part.  If I'm buying more than 8, I might as well buy 10 and get one free.

The fourth row calculates the lot price based on the smaller quantity price.

Using the calculator allows you to quickly evaluate alternative prices, to help build up your parts collection.

Read full article...

Re: Extension Calculator for Component Purchases 7 years 3 months ago #10678

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
Nice... Now port it to Linux so sensible people can use it
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds