Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Home Brew PCB Techiques

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 4 months ago #6951

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 33
Yes, it's a bit of riddle getting the top to go on correctly and orient properly. I did it all in Eagle. There are a couple different ways to accomplish it... The problem is that when viewing on the computer, you are looking at the bottom and the top, from the top. When you print to make the transfer for the bottom, you should mirror it... However, if you mirror the top as well and then transfer it to the top, it's orientation is backwards... I will leave it up to you to find the solution. The simple way is to mirror the top and not the bottom, but this may give you unexpected results if you didn't build your board with this in mind.. ie. for a specific enclosure, etc.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 4 months ago #6952

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
Just did this board tonight using the method I posted previously. NOT my design... A friend asked me to make the pcb from an existing design. It's a 2 watt amplifier of some sort.
Attachments:

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 4 months ago #6956

• MrDEB
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 14
Well back to the drawing board.
I got the top silk to mirror and print the text etc. Printed, laminated to PCboard, let soak overnight to get all the paper off.
Then applied the white foil transfer to the board. It stuck almost the entire board.
Thinking maybe because I painted the top of the board w/ black paint.
Going to clean w/ lacquer thinner then repaint then wait for my shipment of PULSAR paper and try again.
Removing the glossy photo paper is a frugal attempt to save a few pennies. IMO
Maybe get my new laser printer about the same time hopefully.

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 4 months ago #6957

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
mrbasher's results speak for themselves. The two boards he's shown here are beautiful!

MrDEB, have you considered that heat is going to soften the paint you've used? Ever used a heatgun to remove paint?
The following user(s) said Thank You: W4GNS, Jon G

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 4 months ago #6959

• MrDEB
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 14
I never considered that but after emailing Frank at PULSAR, he mentioned the same thing.
I noticed the board did get hotter than when I am transferring a pattern onto bare copper.
I cleaned and repainted board. Going to coat w/ poly as Frank stated that the white foil attaches to plastic. Also going to use the lower heat setting. Hopefully this will work.
Rethinking the poly as I am using FUSION paint. Maybe just the lower heat setting will work?
this is call EXPERIMENTING. may work or not??
My copper traces came out and if I just applied the colored foil to the board without the paint then yes my board would be just as beautiful BUT I want a black board w/ white silk screen. Hopefully this process will work. If not then at least I can say
I TRIED.
No thanks needed

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 4 months ago #6961

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
Try coloring the board with a black Sharpie marker, then roughing up a bit to make it nice and uniform, apply your silk screen to that... I've read that you can color the boards this way. Not exactly cost effective, but probably not sticky either.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds