Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Home Brew PCB Techiques

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 5 months ago #6937

• MrDEB
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 14
I missed "but I'm printing on it with a laser printer."
Found this where they are doing the same as your doing w/ glossy paper.
Am contemplating doing my "silk screen layer" using the glossy paper I have on hand.
After watching some videos on this subject am considering trying again putting a copper clad board directly in the laser printer (the board can come out the back (HP1320).
Might just work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urv6jArK ... re=related
The topic has been locked.

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 5 months ago #6938

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 33
They are basically doing the same thing I am except they are using photo paper. The stuff I am using is brochure gloss paper. I am not sure of the difference other than I have read on many occasions that the photo paper melts too much. Plus it's probably more expensive. Try it out and see how it works for you.

Unfortunately, and I don't know why this is, they don't explain that well one of the most important parts which is the actual transfer to the PCB... They're like, "iron it on, really lay into it"

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 5 months ago #6939

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm thinking of giving the top side a light coat with some type of spray on quick dry lacquer the next time around before mounting the components.

Ok, just did this. Works GREAT! Grabbed a piece of scrap test board from earlier and shot it with some clear coat... Niiice!

Sorry for the quality of the photo, it's off my phone. However, you can clearly see how it brings out the contrast of the black. You also have the benefit of the toner being protected.

Side note]new.digitaldiy.io/images/icon_e_wink.gif[/img]
Attachments:

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 5 months ago #6940

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
Another method you will see is to use sticker backing paper... I tried it and ended up with a mess on the paper and in the printer. It's probably very picky about the type of laser printer and toner used.

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 5 months ago #6944

• MrDEB
  • User is blocked
I tried clear lables in 8.5 x 11 sheets. Works pretty goog but hard to align.
Been trying to config the top silk layer to print mirror and after 5 try's I found in order to print text in mirror all the text needs to be vector not true type??
Going to use the photo paper and maybe??
If not will search for some glossy brochure paper.

Re: Introduction and Thanks 8 years 5 months ago #6948

• MrDEB
  • User is blocked
The paper really sticks onto the board. Got the board soaking in water and hopefully it comes out.
Jon beat me to it but I found a couple of PLATO tool distributors.Busy melting photo paper to a PCboard lol
IMO they are GREAT
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds