Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Home Brew PCB Techiques

Re: Home Brew PCB Techiques 8 years 5 months ago #7436

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
You can buy less then 150 sheets at office max. I posted using the same paper over at eto
about 4 years ago it works great. But I have not made that many boards This was the first
a breakout board for a pic32 It worked till I let my pickit2 auto detect it, pic32 can't handle 5 volts. The copper was reused it was a ground plane from some thing can't remember. But I don't think this board was that bad seeing it was the first one I ever tried to make and i sanded it with 220 sand paper. Not a good idea

You can get 25 sheets at office max The 150 sheets would be the better deal
I think i paid 12.00 for what they called a starter pack and it had 25 sheets.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Re: Home Brew PCB Techiques 8 years 5 months ago #7438

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 33
Looks good to me for a first try for sure, those are tiny traces. I don't know what you mean about the PICKit2 blowing up your PIC32 though... I have connected mine and let it auto-detect without any problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: be80be

Re: Home Brew PCB Techiques 8 years 5 months ago #7462

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
If I could of found the picture I would of posted it. with the chip on it. I made the board when they fist came out with the pic32 and back then it would apply to much voltage
they may have fixed that by now. I just looked and the 2.61 software should work fine now.

All this board making is making me want to try to make a board for the USB to rs232 chip
I have it's smp too.

mrbasher the boards you have posted look real nice and clean. This home made stuff is more like art. And Mrdeb is getting good at this now. Nice work both of you.

Re: Home Brew PCB Techiques 8 years 5 months ago #7464

• Jon G
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 33
All this board making is making me want to try to make a board for the USB to rs232 chip
I have it's smp too.
I've been contemplating doing that myself, though just at TTL levels and not full rs232 since generally I only want TTL levels. I suppose it could be made switchable...
mrbasher the boards you have posted look real nice and clean. This home made stuff is more like art. And Mrdeb is getting good at this now. Nice work both of you.

Thank you. I agree it's a bit like art and I think that is why I like doing it.

Re: Home Brew PCB Techiques 8 years 5 months ago #7459

This topic has been locked thanks to MrDeb's great PCB article which consolidates much of the research done here.

Please start new topics for continued discussions
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds