Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: PCB Fabrication Sources

Re: PCB Fabrication Sources 8 years 6 months ago #15489

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Revised information as of 10 May 2011 is at end of article.

Revised information as of May 2012 listing iTead and Seeed size and quantity options is at end of article.

After you've developed a circuit, perhaps tested a prototype and have finally got the perfect design, you may wish to create a printed circuit board.  There are some home-brew methods, but if you get to the point of wanting more than a few boards, it may be time to turn to a commercial fab house.  Even in small quantity, having circuit boards made can be inexpensive, if you know where to go. Making circuit boards in large quantities will further lessen the price of the board - in my experience with production boards, making ten times more boards increases the price only be a factor of two!  With a large order, there are always the anxious moments wondering if you missed some detail on the board, or if the fab house will do a good job.

To help you find a good fab house, the tables below list some of the sources I have used that produce good boards as a reasonable price.

Read full article...

Re: PCB Fabrication Sources 8 years 6 months ago #6456

Great guide Jon. As you said "there is no single best answer", although your guide makes finding that answer a whole lot easier!

Re: PCB Fabrication Sources 8 years 5 months ago #6688

• Jon Chandler
Woohoo...a link to this article on the Electronic's-Lab website... and I didn't even suggest it this time

Actually, there were also links posted recently there on Graham's article on the pressure-sensor module and my article Commandments for Using PICs.

Re: PCB Fabrication Sources 8 years 5 months ago #6716

John, this is by far the best PCB fab guide I've seen, thanks!

Re: PCB Fabrication Sources 8 years 5 months ago #6721

• Jon Chandler
Thanks lincomatic! I appreciate the comment.

There are some other popular fab houses but for the most part, I have personal experience with the guys on the list and have been very happy with the results.

Re: PCB Fabrication Sources 8 years 5 months ago #6735

• sarge
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, i have question about that

ITead Studios 5 cm x 5 cm $12 for 10 pieces

That means what i can order only 10 pcs? Or do I need to order a minimum of 30 pcs for $36?
Thanks for answer!
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds