Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Introducing The Amicus18

Re: Introducing The Amicus18 7 years 2 months ago #15387

Amicus18 is an embedded system platform based on a simple open hardware design for a single-board microcontroller, with embedded I/O support and a standard programming language.

The Amicus18 board communicates with a personal computer via a USB interface, which presents itself as a standard serial port on the PC. It can be programmed directly through this port so there is no need for a dedicated programmer. If the need arises, there is an ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programming) interface suitable for all programmers, but tailored for the Microchip PICKit 2 programmer.

Read full article...

Re: Introducing The Amicus18 6 years 6 months ago #6354

First of all thank you very much for the details I found for the shield dimensions in one of your documents.

I have ordered for the Amicus board from Microchip Direct and awaiting its delivery.

I am planning to make my own development board and want to use the MCP2200 instead of the FTDI chip.

Do any of you'll see a possible mismatch in this approach ?

regards

MCP2200 instead of the FTDI 6 years 2 months ago #7973

• Gevo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello charudatt,

The MCP2200 is missing the DTR signal pin to reset the Amicus board to start the bootloader.

A other option is, what I working on, to use a cheap PIC18F14K50 (18F13K50) to prog as a TTL/USB converter.

Here you find some source code.

http://www.microchip.com/MAL

Regards,
Gevo

Re: Introducing The Amicus18 4 weeks 7 hours ago #17951

thanks for details, this is a very useful post
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds