Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Move the "logged in" box

Re: Move the "logged in" box 7 years 3 months ago #15715

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
It would be really nice if the member access box (or a subset of it - specifically your message count) could be in the top banner bar so you can see if you have a new message without having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of what is quite a long sidebar. It would also be there when on pages that don't have the sidebar.

Re: Move the "logged in" box 7 years 3 months ago #10671

Sure that is possible!

My thoughts (and this doesn't imply I am right) - The sidebar content is setup from 'most active' to 'least active'. Unless you do most of your talking by PM, then pushing all that useful info down might degrade the overall effectiveness of the page.

That said, a PM is likely to be more important than forum topic activity.

What do you think - still worth it?

(PS - you can enable PM notification by email in the 'User Control Panel')

Re: Move the "logged in" box 7 years 3 months ago #10672

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
I just have it set up to log me in each visit so I rarely if ever have to deal with the log-in box. Personally, I like having the forum notifications at the top of the sidebar.

Re: Move the "logged in" box 7 years 3 months ago #10673

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
The logging is isn't the issue here. It's knowing if you have any new messages without having to scroll down. I don't want the login box at the top of the sidebar - I'd much prefer a little bit in the header bar that says you have a message. I'm thinking something like this:

Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds