Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't Preview Article

Re: Can't Preview Article 8 years 7 months ago #15128

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 14
I can't get the preview to work in the article editor. In IE8, when I click Preview, a new tab opens but it's blank. In Chrome I get the following error:
Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Attachments:

Re: Can't Preview Article 8 years 7 months ago #4623

Cheers Andy - I should probably remove that feature instead of fixing it.. a fair amount of work has gone into making the editor display content 1:1 as what it will when published (no preview necessary). If you find this is not the case, then please let me know (I've tested in IE7/8 + FF, though not with Chrome).

The only additions to a published article are the header/comments + sidebar. None of which will change the layout of content.

Re: Can't Preview Article 8 years 7 months ago #4625

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. The editor does display the article 1:1 so you're right that the preview isn't necessary. I was using it to try and figure out if there's a way to put a thumbnail of an image into an article and allow the reader to click for the full-sized version? I know this happens automatically for images over 674 pixels wide but don't know what happens for thinner ones?

i.e. if I have an original image which is 300 pixels wide, how do I make it so the image in the article is only 100 pixels wide but when it gets clicked, the full-size original image opens?

Cheers,

Re: Can't Preview Article 8 years 7 months ago #4628

I should have pointed out that "almost" everything will display 1:1

Several objects (such as youtube videos and very large images) will not be displayed the same way while in edit mode (some software will only parse "live" article content).

I'm working on a popup feature which should do exactly what you want Andy - will let you know when I'm done

Re: Can't Preview Article 8 years 7 months ago #4629

I think that about does it - have a look at this article Andy http://digital-diy.com/image-test.html

At the bottom of the page there's a video which explains how to make popup images (excuse the corny intro/outro!)

Re: Can't Preview Article 8 years 7 months ago #4630

• andyo
  • Fresh Boarder
Absolutely superb! Great stuff - time to get cracking on finishing the article now....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds