Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Essential C By Nick Parlante A Great pdf on C language

Re: Essential C By Nick Parlante A Great pdf on C language 7 years 5 months ago #10124

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
Buy you a copy of PIC BASIC PRO. Not putting you down or any thing but as hard a time you had with Swordfish C would put you in a nut house.

You have to have case right "Next is not next" () is not {}
void main()
 { 
   If (X==Y);
    //jump for joy     // Looks ok it's wrong 
} 

// this is right 
 void main()
 { 
   {
      If (X==Y);
         //jump for joy     
   }
}  

Re: Essential C By Nick Parlante A Great pdf on C language 7 years 5 months ago #10125

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
Buy you a copy of PIC BASIC PRO. Not putting you down or any thing but as hard a time you had with Swordfish C would put you in a nut house.

You will be well served MrDev to heed that advice. Pic Basic Pro is rather pricey though.
http://www.myamicus.co.uk/ which is exactly the same as PDS other than be restricted to 2 chips the 18F25K20 and 18F25k22,so you can at least se if you like the synstax of PDS.

Re: Essential C By Nick Parlante A Great pdf on C language 7 years 5 months ago #10127

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
rutroe more random links.

Re: Essential C By Nick Parlante A Great pdf on C language 7 years 5 months ago #10133

• be80be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 90
C is so case sensitive and just this : can drive you crazy it should be this ;

I wrote a page of code took about 10 minutes. It took a hour to find all the { that
I did wrong. After fixing 10 or so they all looked right. And 5 or so no complies

It make basic look a lot better.

Re: Essential C By Nick Parlante A Great pdf on C language 7 years 5 months ago #10134

• W4GNS
  • Fresh Boarder
C is so case sicnetive

As a rule it's the norm to use lower case. defines are large cap etc
and with varibles just make sure to be consistent in work I always use a capital letter for the first letter of the varible ex Cat not cat. And I don't use varibles that are close to the same spelling, reduces a lot of mistakes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds