Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nuffink works...

Re: Nuffink works... 7 years 2 months ago #15654

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 62
Ok, it's got me beat.

I want to create a new project to share with you all. The projects page says all I need to do is register a username... um... ok, I guess I already have one of those...

So I can't see anything else for creating a "project", so I go to create an article instead, assuming it's just a specific class of article.

Ok... so create article...

Create record not permitted

I found a nice "How to create an article" thread here in the forum... but it's a dead end - it goes nowhere... "Read more" isn't.

So is it only open to people with enough privileges? And if so, I think you need to change the projects page that says that anyone can create a project. Or, fix it so I can create a project.

Re: Nuffink works... 7 years 2 months ago #10624

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
That's a Graham question for sure, but as far as I know anyone can create an article.

Articles do require approval to post once completed and Graham usually does a bit of fiddling to make everything look good. "Approval" is little more than a once-over to make sure the article is not spam nor totally bogus. I don't believe we've ever rejected a posted article.

Re: Nuffink works... 7 years 2 months ago #10625

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
Graham's probably too busy playing with the goodies he bought off me.

Re: Nuffink works... 7 years 2 months ago #10626

• Jon Chandler
  • Thanks received: 352
Articles At Digital-DIY

Here's a like to the article article (couldn't resist). With the recent upgrade, a few links may still be broken.

Graham will have to address the permissions issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: majenko

Re: Nuffink works... 7 years 2 months ago #10648

Hi Majenko.

Chances are there is an issue with session syncing between the forum/article site software. The easiest way to tell is to visit any article and check in the right sidebar (the same sidebar with the forum/article feed) for the "Member Access" module. It should have your name and a logout button if you are logged in. Could you let me know either way, cheers!

From there, simply click "Create / Edit Article" in the top menu (in "Site Tools"). Jon linked one handy reference, here is another Create Articles

Tip - before saving your article, select all the content and copy to clipboard.. just in case your session expires etc.

Re: Nuffink works... 7 years 2 months ago #10650

• majenko
  • Fresh Boarder
Yep, I'm logged in - or so it says. I see the member access box on every page I look at - viewing an article, creating an article, etc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds