- Published: Thursday, 12 April 2012
- Written by Bitfogav
- Hits: 4896
Introducing the Led Breadcrumb (Led8Bus).
Are you fed up of fitting LEDs and current-limiting resistors time after time into your breadboard? It's surprising how often you have to do it, and how much room they take up. Well, this tiny little module is the answer.
At about the same size as a 16 pin DIP IC, this module has 8 individual surface mount (0805) LEDs along with 470Ω current limiting resistors (that's for 5V operation) and a common cathode connection
- The size of a DIP16 chip - just half a square inch
- 8 LEDs in various combinations:
- All red
- All yellow
- All green
- All blue
- Bargraph - 4 green, 2 yellow and 2 red
- Striped - Red, yellow, green and blue twice over.
- Integrated current limiting resistors for use on most common logic voltages (aimed at 5V - will work at 3.3v)
I have several of these boards and they really are great to use on breadboards!.
Video can be found here:
Website can be found here: